Welcome to the Design Technology section of the Crosby High School website.
The Design Technology department aims to:
- Help pupils to explore different contexts and generate ideas.
- Give pupils knowledge and experience of working with a range of materials, tools and processes.
- Support pupils to safely manufacture good quality products.
- Encourage pupils to evaluate existing products, their own work and products designed and made by their peers.
At Key Stage 3 this subject provides opportunities for pupils, working in their tutor groups to:
- Design, plan and manufacture their own ideas for products in a range of compliant and resistant materials.
- Learn how to carry out processes safely and accurately to produce quality products.
- Understand the principles of designing and manufacturing and apply this knowledge when completing their design and make tasks.
- Use specialist vocabulary to describe the materials, tools and processes used.
- Understand about key technological events that have helped to shape their world.